Friday 31 May 2013

Victoria Sponge Cake


Hello Everyone,

I hope your all having a great Friday and looking forward to hopefully a sunny weekend it looks promising at the moment but we all know that can change with a blink of an eye.
Today I come to share something a little different. As some of you know I love to cook and bake with my children so I thought I would start to share some of the recipes we enjoy.

This afternoon we decide to make a Victoria Sponge which is an old time favourite and one I remember making with my Nan when I was little.
The recipe we used can be found in this book which is pictured below.


Here is a quick summary of the recipe;

INGREDIENTS NEEDED,

175 g/6 oz/1 1/2 cups self-raising flour,sifted.
175 g/6 oz/3/4 cup caster sugar.
175 g/6 oz/3/4 cup soft margarine.
3 large Free-range eggs.
1 tsp vanilla extract.
1 tbsp strawberry jam. ( BUT YOU CAN USE ANY FILLING THAT YOU WISH)
icing ( confectioners) sugar for dusting.

First start by preheating your oven to 160 C/325 F/Gas mark 3. Grease and line two 20 cm/8 in round sandwich tins. Then add the flour, eggs, margarine,caster sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix like mad,until you have a pale and fluffy mixture.Then divide this mixture between the two tins and smooth out.
Bake for 20 Mins. The cakes should be springy to touch and a knife when poked into the sponge should come out clean.
Cool both cakes on a wirer rake. When cold sandwich together with the jam or filling you have chosen and dust the top with the icing sugar.
 We chose to add some Buttercream too.




I hope you give it a go and if so would love to here how it turned out.
Have love creating guys in more ways then one.
Hugs Emjay x

No comments:

Post a Comment